The Secrets of Natural Farming That Everyone Should Know
If you are not aware of the term “Natural Farming” and products available in the market associated to it, then Farm4Health is here to guide you. Natural farming follows the most contemporary forms of farming techniques to develop a close relationship between land and farmer. In contrast, the industrial farming process severs this relationship from the very beginning.
The Farming That Depends on Nature
The term ‘Natural Farming’ means farming with nature and without using any chemicals and external inputs (all the inputs are prepared at the farm). Using conventional techniques in agriculture is like cancer to our soil and health as well. It does not only make the soil barren but eventually, the farmer goes under debt. Hence, the only way to deal with this ever-rising problem is to adapt to the methods followed by our ancestors before Green revolution came in to picture.
There are many principles and methods introduced by agriculturists for natural farming. To name them, ‘Masanobu Fukuoka’ a Japanese farmer and philosopher who wrote the book ‘The One-Straw Revolution’ who emphasizes on no tillage, weeding, pesticide, fertilizer and pruning. ‘Subhash Palekar’ an Indian farmer who practiced and wrote many books on natural farming emphasized on crop rotation, multi cropping, mulching techniques, soil protection techniques, natural pesticides and fertilizers. He named it as ‘Zero Budget Natural Farming’(ZBNF). ZBNF is the most popular model in India
Let us see how it works.
- Plants get 98% of their supply of nutrients from air, water, and sunlight. The remaining 2% can be fulfilled by good quality soil with plenty of friendly microorganisms. (Just like in forests and natural systems)
- Soil microclimate: The soil is always supposed to be covered with an organic mulch, which creates humus and encourages the growth of friendly microorganisms.
- Desi cow: The system requires cow dung and cow urine (Gomutra) obtained from Indian breed cow only. Desi cow is apparently the purest as far as the microbial content of cow dung, and urine goes.
- Cultures: A farm made bio-culture named ‘Jeevamrutha’ is added to the soil instead of any fertilizers to improve microflora of soil (like earthworms). Jeevamrutha is derived from very little cow dung and cow urine of desi cow breed, jaggery and dicot flour.
- Natural, farm-made pesticides like Dashparni Kashayam, Agniastra, Brahmastra and Neemastra are used to control pests and diseases.
- Weeds are considered essential and used as living or dead mulch layer.
- Multi-cropping is encouraged over single crop method.
The Benefits of Natural Farming Over Industry Grade Farming
Ø Zero Exposure of Chemicals and Pesticides
Researches prove that we could easily eliminate millions of tons of harmful and persistent pesticides from entering the environment by merely adapting the natural farming methods. The use of pesticides and chemicals not only allows disease resistance to build up in weeds, fungi, bacteria, and plant-eating insects, but also contaminates the soil, water, and air supply. Well, natural farming eliminates this cycle completely.
Ø Health Soil to grow Your Food
The soil damaged with pesticides and chemicals won’t thrive on its own and not suitable to grow healthy food. Natural farming builds up compost-rich soil that hosts loads of helpful bacteria, essentially required for better and healthier food growth.
Ø Helps Combating Erosion
Natural farming techniques help to combat erosion loss, which may seriously affect land, food supply, and the future generations of the human race also.
Ø Fight the Effects of Global Warming
Natural farming can actually reduce the carbon dioxide amount present in our atmosphere. It also helps with slow climate change. As natural farming involves absolute no use of instruments, pesticides, or other advanced methods of industrial-grade farming, the carbon dioxide and additional harmful emission of nature destroying elements will be zero here.
Ø Conserve Water
Natural farming helps water conservation. As the principle of natural farming prevents human intervention, so as the use of regulated irrigation supply, it helps conserve water and also stops it from getting polluted.
Ø Encourages Biodiversity and Animal Welfare
With industry farming methods, we destroy the natural habitats of insects, birds, countless other critters. Natural farming not only helps in preserving natural habitat present in that area but also encourages healthy biodiversity.
Health Benefits of Using Natural Farming Products
- With natural farming, food products are grown without the use of any harmful substances such as fungicides, herbicides, pesticides, and chemical fertilizers, thus presenting them as a superfood for your intake.
- Natural farming products are free of artificial color, flavors, trans fats, preservatives sweeteners, stabilizers, and other additives, making them naturally tasty and healthy from other available options.
- Research shows that natural farming products are high in nutrients and antioxidants as they grow on nutrient-rich soil.
- Natural farming ensures that your food is not subject to any genetic modification or artificial human intervention.
- Natural farming foods eliminate irradiation, which changes both micro and macronutrients available in food, making natural farming products way superior to industry-grade products.
At Farm4Health, we respect and adhere to the principle of natural farming to deliver our customers’ natural superfoods with affordable pricing. All our food products are 100% naturally grown and delivered right to your doorstep without any use of artificiality. Check our broad range of products and orders online with the best convenience and price today. Call us at (Phone Number) for details and queries.